Physical activities and Cleaning Campaign
With support from WHO Country Office the AEROBIC classes has been initiated in the Ministry of Health premises to promote physical activity at the work place. Non communicable diseases are increasing in the country and the Ministry of Health has identified this trend as a major Public Health issue. Physical inactivity is one of the major risk factors for non-communicable diseases.
Hand over and taking of Medical Camp Kit (MCK)
23 November 2016| Dr Ornella Lincetto, WHO Representative to Bhutan handed over to Ministry of Health, Royal Government of Bhutan one Medical Camp Kit (MCK) today at the Royal Bhutan Police ground. Prior to the closing ceremony, a three day training program on how to unpack, assemble, pitch tents, run MCKs, dismantle, disassemble & re-pack MCK items was conducted by two experts from Nepal WHO Country Office. A total of 60 participants from Ministry of Health, members of the Royal Bhutan Police, Royal Bhutan Army, Royal Body Guards, De-Suungs, officials from Thimphu Thromde, officials from Department of Disaster Management and staff from regional referral hospitals attended the training. The three day’s event was an excellent opportunity for a number of emergency re
International day of Persons with Disabilities
December 3rd is International Day of Persons with Disabilities. WHO is joining with other United Nation agencies and civil society organizations to celebrate “a day for all”, expressing how disability is about all of us; it is a part of the universal human condition and yet another manifestation of diversity in our societies. Chronic conditions, injuries and illness, and the normal processes of ageing can be associated to decrements in functioning and to the experience of disability.
Take a Stand Against Ageism!
WHO: Ageism Shortens Lives
1 October 2016 - The United Nations International Day of Older Persons (UNIDOP). In Bhutan, celebrations was organized by the Royal Society for Senior Citizens (RSSC). The guest of honour was Mr. Piet Vochten, acting United Nations Resident Coordinator in Bhutan. During the celebration, 1000 butter lamps were lighted and Zangchoed Moenlam took place in both Tashichhoedzong and Thimphu in parallel, in honour of HRH the Gyelsey and all new-borns.
- Regional workshop for strengthening capacity and internal quality assurance for the SEAR measles and rubella laboratory network, Thimphu, Bhutan 15-20 August 2016
- National Consultation and National Salt Reduction Strategy Development Workshop, Paro, Bhutan 15-18 August, 2016
- National training workshop on malaria elimination in Bhutan
- Thailand confirms MERS CoV in traveler, WHO cautions against continued risk of importation
- International Workshop on Prevention and Control of Scrub Typhus
- World Health Day 2016: Prevent. Treat. Beat diabetes
- Leave no one behind, make Universal Health Coverage a reality: WHO
- World TB Day 2016
- Antibiotic awareness week