A world in which children and adolescents enjoy the highest attainable standard of health and development, a world that meets their needs, and respects, protects and fulfils their rights, enabling them to live to their full potential.
- to work with Member States to address priority health problems concerning newborns, infants, children and adolescents
- to develop evidence-based strategies and guidelines for child and adolescent health in the Region
- to support Member States to adapt and implement strategies and guidelines and to deliver good-quality services
- to strengthen capacity for assuring quality of services
- to strengthen capacity for programme review and management and monitoring of the progress and impact of the strategies on survival, health, growth and development
Main areas of work
Work with Member States and partners to foster a "continuum of care" to scale-up quality implementation of packages of evidence-based interventions along the life-course stages of pre-pregnancy, the postnatal period, childhood and adolescence, which are delivered at family and community level, first-level health facilities and at referral level.
Child and Adolescent Health Unit
Department of Family Health Gender and Life Course (FGL)
World Health Organization - SEARO
IP Estate, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, New Delhi, 110 002 India
Tel : +91 11 2337 0804 Ext: 26315 Fax : +91 11 2337 8510
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org