Amitabh Bachchan appointed WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Hepatitis in South-East Asia Region
World Health Organization today appointed legendary Indian movie star Mr Amitabh Bachchan as its Goodwill Ambassador for Hepatitis in South-East Asia Region. Though preventable, viral hepatitis kills 410 000 people in the Region every year, mostly people in their productive years. Nearly 90 million people suffer from chronic liver disease that is driving rates of liver cancer and cirrhosis in the Region.
To commemorate the World Health Day 2017, the World Health Organization Country Office for India and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India, jointly organised a national consultation on 7 April 2017 at New Delhi. The consultation called for increasing awareness and greater attention to mental health issues, especially depression.
To intensify action to End TB and commemorate the World TB Day 2017, WHO Country Office for India in collaboration with the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India organized a consultation with the underlying theme of UNITE TO END TB: Leave no one behind.
A World Health Organization (WHO) led team of international experts from several countries has affirmed that the National Regulatory Authority of India (NRA) and affiliated institutions meet the WHO published indicators for a functional vaccine regulatory system.
- Amitabh Bachchan appointed WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Hepatitis in South-East Asia Region
- World Health Day consultation calls for greater attention to depression
- Committed to UNITE TO END TB: Leave no one behind
- National Regulatory Authority of India meets WHO international standards for vaccine regulations
National Workshop on Reprioritization of Diseases under Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme
- COP7- India: Seventh session of the Conference of the Parties (COP7)
Advanced in-country workshop on Good Manufacturing Practices for regulatory inspections using Quality Risk Management approach
- - Full events list
- Inter-Ministerial Consultation on Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Dr Henk Bekedam, WHO Representative to India visits Uttar Pradesh
- Technical briefing for media on World Health Day 2017
- Health Baithak – From depression to wellness
- Health Baithak – Leveraging mhealth for maternal and newborn health
- Health for Inclusive Development, at the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2017