Mental Health and substance abuse
Mental health is an integral part of health and is more than the absence of mental illnesses. It refers to a broad array of activities directly or indirectly related to the mental well-being, prevention of mental disorders, and treatment and rehabilitation of people affected by mental disorders.
Interventions, focusing on raising awareness of mental health issues and mobilizing efforts in support of mental health, are necessary for addressing the situation.
- World Alzheimer’s Day
Opinion piece by Dr Henk Bekedam, WHO Representative to India
- World Mental Health Day 2017
- WHO Mental Health Gap Action Programme (mhGAP)
- Drug use and road safety: a policy brief
- National Mental Health Survey of India, 2015-16 (Summary)
- National Mental Health Survey of India, 2015-16 (Prevalence, Pattern and Outcomes)
- National Mental Health Survey of India, 2015-16 (Mental Health Systems)
- Training manual for psychologists
- Training manual for social workers