There has been an increasing and continuing demand for use of Traditional Medicine and Complementary Medicine (T&CM) worldwide.
Many countries accept the contribution of T&CM for the health and wellbeing of people and integrate T&CM into their health care system. T&CM has been partially covered by public and private insurance companies in many countries since 1990s.
However, integration of T&CM into health care system is still a challenges due to lack of policies and regulations related to T&CM products, practices and practitioners in one hand. On the other hand, the safety, quality and effectiveness of T&CM services cannot be ensured without appropriate regulations.
MoH has recently (2014) launched a traditional medicine online repository with technical support from WHO.
- Directorate Pharmaceutical Services and Medical Devices - MOH, RI
- National Institute for Health Research and Development (NIHRD),
- National Agency for Food and Drug Control (NADFC),
- USP-Usaid, JSI-Usaid, Global Fund, TB Care, CHAI,
- National Agency for Disaster Management.