MALE’, 03 March 2015 – Republic of Maldives today introduced the injectable Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV) into its routine immunization schedule, in a key step to accelerate global eradication of polio.
Male’, 8 December 2014 - The United Nations in Maldives commends the outstanding response by the Government of Maldives in providing relief to the water crisis in Male' that commenced on 4 Dec 2014. The 130,000 residents in Male' are being provided bottled water and desalinated water via public taps and mobile vehicles. Distinct measures are also taken to address the needs of vulnerable and special needs population.
18th-19th November 2014: A workshop was conducted for the Media by WHO in collaboration with the Ministry of Health at STELCO, Male’. The purpose of this workshop was to update Maldivian journalists on Ebola preparedness and other global and public health issues related to Maldives. Participants from the media included journalists from Sun media, Maldives Broadcasting Commission, Maldives Media Council and DhiFM.
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]
- Millennium development goals: Maldives Country Report 2010 [pdf 1.48Mb]
- Global school-based student health survey: 2009 Maldives [pdf 1.71Mb]