Vector Control is a Community Responsibility: WHO Maldives and Health Protection Agency launches a Vector Control Campaign in Maldives
16th October 2016- A Vector Control Campaign was launched today as a joint initiative by WHO Maldives and the Health Protection Agency, Ministry of Health. The launch which took place in Gan, Laamu Atoll was graced by His Excellency Minister of Health Mr Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim, WHO Representative to Maldives Dr Arvind Mathur, UN Resident Coordinator and Representative Ms Shoko Noda and Laamu Atoll Councilor Yoosuf Amir, to demonstrate multisectoral partnership in vector control.
Maldives hosts Pre COP Regional Workshop for the Seventh Session of the Conference of the Parties (FCTC) on Tobacco Control by WHO
In preparation for COP7, WHO Regional Workshop for the Seventh Session of the Conference of the Parties (FCTC) on Tobacco Control was held in the Maldives from 21st to 22nd September 2016. Participants included experts on tobacco cessation and control WHO South East Asia and from all over the world. Chief Guest His Excellency Minister of Health Mr Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim joined the inauguration ceremony held at Paradise Island Resort reinforcing the political importance of the meeting.
20th September 2016 – Excellency Vice President Mr Abdulla Jihad as Chief Guest together with Honorable Minister of Health Mr Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim and Dr Arvind Mathur, WHO Representative to Maldives attended the High Level Advocacy Forum for Tobacco Control in Maldives. The Forum was jointly organized by WHO Country Office and Health Protection Agency. Honorable Minister of Gender and Family Ms Aminath Zenysha Shaheed Zaki and Honorable Minister of Home Affairs Mr Azleen Ahmed along with several Member of Parliaments, high officials of Health and other Ministries, members of Diplomatic Community and stakeholders from academia, professional associations, civil societies and academia attended the Forum. Dr Vera Da Costa, Head of Framework Convention, Geneva and Dr Thaksaphon, Director- Non Communicable Diseases, SEARO along with several global and regional experts in tobacco control attended the advocacy forum.
- Vector Control is a Community Responsibility: WHO Maldives and Health Protection Agency launches a Vector Control Campaign in Maldives
- Maldives hosts Pre COP Regional Workshop for the Seventh Session of the Conference of the Parties (FCTC) on Tobacco Control by WHO
- High Level Advocacy Forum on Tobacco Control held in the Maldives
- National Tobacco Cessation Toolkit (5A & 5Rs) for all doctors and health professionals [pdf 3.36Mb]
- Multi-sectoral Action Plan For The Prevention And Control of Noncommunicable Diseases in Maldives (2016-2020) [pdf 656kb]
- Malaria-Free Maldives [pdf 5.28Mb]
- A Nation Unburdened- Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in Maldives [pdf 325kb]
- Guidelines for the Prevention, Care and Treatment of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection [pdf 9.93Mb]
- NEHAP – Maldives 2015-2020 Towards an Environmentally Friendly and Healthy Maldives [pdf 854kb]
- National Reproductive Health Strategy 2014-2018 [pdf 1.96Mb]
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]