7th April 2017- The WHO Maldives together with Ministry of Health, other collaborating ministries and Institutions commemorated the World Health Day throughout Maldives. This year’s theme “Depression: Let’s Talk” offers a unique opportunity to break the stigma associated with the mental health issue. . Gracing the official reception of WHO Country Office, HE Abdulla Jihad, Vice President of Republic of Maldives signed the WHO Day Mural encouraging people to talk to someone they trust. HE Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim, Minister of Health and HE Zenysha Adam Zaki, Minister of Gender and Family joined the conversation on Depression with Dr Arvind Mathur, WHO Representative.
22nd March 2017- Maldives is experiencing an increase in respiratory infections, including cases of influenza.. Responding to the situation, WHO is supporting Ministry of Health in assessing risks, and recommending appropriate measures to prevent the spread of respiratory infections and influenza.
WHO is supporting the Ministry in assessing requirement and also providing medical supplies to test and treat people.
WHO has already provided 1000 courses of Tamiflu, the drug used for treating cases of influenza, and 200 more are being procured. WHO has also provided supplies to test flu cases. Other requirements like N95 masks, face shields and gowns for use by health workers, are also being procured.
With WHO support, the Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital laboratory is equipped and its laboratory staff trained to test and diagnose Influenza strain.
HE Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, the President of Republic of Maldives launches “Measles and Rubella Campaign 2017”
His Excellency Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, the President of Republic of the Maldives launched the “Measles and Rubella Mass Vaccination Campaign 2017-“Maves Jahaifin”” at the Presidential office on 26th February 2017. Minister of Health HE Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim highlighted that MR Campaign aims to vaccinate a target population of 70,000 Maldivians living in different parts of the country as Maldives fast tracks Measles elimination in 2017 ahead of WHO Regional Goal of Measles Elimination by 2020. Dr Arvind Mathur, WHO Representative to Maldives while congratulating HE President, his Government and the people of Maldives complimented overwhelming support and engagement of various ministries, public and private sector companies and especially of young people. The Campaign was simultaneously launched at different sites including in Dharumavantha School by HE Dr Aishath Shiham, Minister of Education and at the largest public service company STELCO by Managing Director Abdul Shukoor.
- National Tobacco Cessation Toolkit (5A & 5Rs) for all doctors and health professionals [pdf 3.36Mb]
- Multi-sectoral Action Plan For The Prevention And Control of Noncommunicable Diseases in Maldives (2016-2020) [pdf 656kb]
- Malaria-Free Maldives [pdf 5.28Mb]
- A Nation Unburdened- Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in Maldives [pdf 325kb]
- Guidelines for the Prevention, Care and Treatment of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection [pdf 9.93Mb]
- NEHAP – Maldives 2015-2020 Towards an Environmentally Friendly and Healthy Maldives [pdf 854kb]
- National Reproductive Health Strategy 2014-2018 [pdf 1.96Mb]
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]
Office of the WHO Representative to the Republic of Maldives Roashanee Building, 6th Floor P.O. Box 2004 Male’ 20184, Republic of Maldives Telephone: +(960) 332 7519 Fax: +(960) 332 4210 E-mail: email@example.com