On the occasion of World No Tobacco Day, The World Health Organization has conferred The World No Tobacco Day Award to Minister of Health Maldives Mr Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim for taking action and implementing a number of strategies to ensure a tobacco free Maldives. Increase in tobacco taxation, initiation of tobacco cessation services and leading the awareness for tobacco control are some of the measures taken.
14th-17th May 2017- A workshop to strengthen and monitor Food Borne diseases was held in Maldives with the collaborative efforts of WHO Maldives and the Maldives Food and Drug Authority, Ministry of Health. The workshop was guided using the WHO Surveillance of Foodborne Disease Manual. The opening ceremony for the workshop was attended by Honorable State and Deputy Ministers of Health as well as officials from WHO.
15th May 2017- In the efforts to further reinforce the communication Strategy of the Ministry of Health, a half day workshop was organized by WHO Maldives together with Ministry of Health on Communicating Effectively during Health Emergencies. Furthermore, a short and interpersonal session was also held for local journalists to discuss collaboration and areas of improvement when it comes to health reporting and information dissemination during emergencies. Both sessions were conducted with support from Communications Officer for WHO South-East Asia Region Ms Shamila Sharma.
- Report on fiscal policies to reduce consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages and other regulatory measures to promote healthy diets in the Republic of Maldives
- National Tobacco Cessation Toolkit (5A & 5Rs) for all doctors and health professionals [pdf 3.36Mb]
- Multi-sectoral Action Plan For The Prevention And Control of Noncommunicable Diseases in Maldives (2016-2020) [pdf 656kb]
- Malaria-Free Maldives [pdf 5.28Mb]
- A Nation Unburdened- Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in Maldives [pdf 325kb]
- Guidelines for the Prevention, Care and Treatment of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection [pdf 9.93Mb]
- NEHAP – Maldives 2015-2020 Towards an Environmentally Friendly and Healthy Maldives [pdf 854kb]
- National Reproductive Health Strategy 2014-2018 [pdf 1.96Mb]
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]
Office of the WHO Representative to the Republic of Maldives
Roashanee Building, 6th Floor
P.O. Box 2004
Male’ 20184, Republic of Maldives
Telephone: +(960) 332 7519
Fax: +(960) 332 4210