8 August 2014 -- The first meeting of the Emergency Committee convened by the Director-General under the International Health Regulations (2005) regarding the 2014 Ebola Virus Disease outbreak in West Africa was held by teleconference on 6-7 August 2014. The Director-General accepted the Committee’s assessment and on 8 August 2014 declared the Ebola outbreak in West Africa a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
WHO Representative and acting UN Resident Coordinator Dr Akjemal Magtymova made a courtesy call on Vice President H.E. Dr Mohamed Jameel Ahmed on Monday, 14 July 2014 at the President's Office.
Globally, 800 mothers die every day during pregnancy, childbirth or in the postpartum period – 99% of them in the developing world. Severe bleeding during delivery or after childbirth is the commonest cause of maternal mortality and contributes to around 31% of maternal deaths in Asia. World Blood Donor Day will focus on providing safe blood for saving mothers with Sri Lanka as the host for the global event on 14 June 2014.
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]
- Millennium development goals: Maldives Country Report 2010 [pdf 1.48Mb]
- Global school-based student health survey: 2009 Maldives [pdf 1.71Mb]