Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, WHO Regional Director declares Maldives as the first Malaria Free country in the South East Asia Region
The President of Maldives His Excellency President Abdulla Yamin Abdul Gayyoom graced the official ceremony where Dr Singh, Regional Director of WHO, South East Asia Region handed over a citation and plaque to Honorable Minister of Health, HE Ms Iruthisham Adam declaring ‘Maldives as Malaria Free’- the first country in the region to successfully attain this status. The official ceremony was attended by cabinet ministers, senior officials from different Government departments, High Commissioners, Partners and various other stakeholders. A photo exhibition showcasing the 50 years of Maldives and WHO partnership was also inaugurated by Dr Singh on this occasion which was then open for public.
New WHO Country Representative Dr Arvind Mathur presents Credentials to HE Ms Dunya Maumoon, Minister of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Maldives
13th October 2015 - Dr Arvind Mathur presented his letter of appointment to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, HE Ms Dunya Maumoon this morning. Senior officials from the ministry of Foreign Affairs and the WHO Maldives Country Office were also present when the new WHO Representative paid a courtesy call on Minister Dunya at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Good nutrition critical during the first 1000 days of life.” - Maldives National Nutrition Conference 2015
The Maldives National Nutrition conference was held from 15th to 16th September 2015 by the Health Protection Agency, Ministry of Health,UNICEF with technical support from WHO. The conference was a befitting forum to target and discuss nutrition sensitive topics such as the raising number of childhood obesity, malnutrition and prioritizing maternal healthcare. In her inaugural address, the Chief Guest Minister of Education Honorable Ms Aishath Shiham highlighted the importance of inclusiveness and comprehensive approach to nutrition problems and highlighted the importance of health interventions. HE Ms Iruthisham Adam, Honorable Health Minister stressed that despite achievements of low infant and child mortality; there is vast scope of improving the infant and child feeding practicing as she acknowledged the importance of safe water and sanitation practices.
- Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, WHO Regional Director declares Maldives as the first Malaria Free country in the South East Asia Region
- New WHO Country Representative Dr Arvind Mathur presents Credentials to HE Ms Dunya Maumoon, Minister of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Maldives
- Good nutrition critical during the first 1000 days of life.” - Maldives National Nutrition Conference 2015
- Guidelines for the Prevention, Care and Treatment of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection [pdf 9.93Mb]
- NEHAP – Maldives 2015-2020 Towards an Environmentally Friendly and Healthy Maldives [pdf 854kb]
- National Reproductive Health Strategy 2014-2018 [pdf 1.96Mb]
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]