'I choose life' slogan of the campaign and supported by WHO on 31 May 2015 to commemorate the World No Tobacco Day (WNTD). The event organized by the Ministry of Health’s Health Protection Agency (HPA) in collaboration with Ministry of Youth and Sports was held in the National Art Gallery in the capital of Maldives, Male’, Maldives.
The WHO Country Office joined the campaign “Madhiri Rulhi Rulhi” against mosquitoes organized by the Ministry of Health’s Health Protection Agency in cooperation the Hulhumale’ Development Centre on the morning of 16th May 2015. This is part of an ongoing public awareness program to reduce mosquito breeding sites and stop spread of dengue and other vector-borne diseases.
Vaccines save lives. Every year vaccination averts 2 to 3 million infant deaths globally from deadly diseases such as diphtheria, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, pertussis, polio and tetanus. However, at the same time 1 in 5 children, an estimated 21.8 million infants worldwide are still missing out on basic vaccines. Of them, 9 million infants, more than one-third, live in WHO’s South-East Asia Region.
- Multi-sectoral Action Plan For The Prevention And Control of Noncommunicable Diseases in Maldives (2014-2020) [pdf 1.72Mb]
- NEHAP – Maldives 2015-2020 Towards an Environmentally Friendly and Healthy Maldives [pdf 854kb]
- National Reproductive Health Strategy 2014-2018 [pdf 1.96Mb]
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]