WHO Representative Dr Arvind Mathur gave the morning address to the students of Majeedhiyya School on the occasion of World Health Day 2016
World Health Day for WHO Maldives Country Office kick started with Dr Arvind Mathur giving the morning address to the students of Majeedhiyya School, the oldest school in Maldives, on the occasion of World Health Day 2016.
The first meeting of the Emergency Committee (EC) convened by the Director-General under the International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR 2005) regarding clusters of microcephaly cases and other neurological disorders in some areas affected by Zika virus was held by teleconference on 1 February 2016, from 13:10 to 16:55 Central European Time. The WHO Secretariat briefed the Committee on the clusters of microcephaly and Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) that have been temporally associated with Zika virus transmission in some settings. The Committee was provided with additional data on the current understanding of the history of Zika virus, its spread, clinical presentation and epidemiology.
Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, WHO Regional Director declares Maldives as the first Malaria Free country in the South East Asia Region
The President of Maldives His Excellency President Abdulla Yamin Abdul Gayyoom graced the official ceremony where Dr Singh, Regional Director of WHO, South East Asia Region handed over a citation and plaque to Honorable Minister of Health, HE Ms Iruthisham Adam declaring ‘Maldives as Malaria Free’- the first country in the region to successfully attain this status. The official ceremony was attended by cabinet ministers, senior officials from different Government departments, High Commissioners, Partners and various other stakeholders.
- WHO Representative Dr Arvind Mathur gave the morning address to the students of Majeedhiyya School on the occasion of World Health Day 2016
- WHO Announces a Public Health Emergency of International Concern
- Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, WHO Regional Director declares Maldives as the first Malaria Free country in the South East Asia Region
- Guidelines for the Prevention, Care and Treatment of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection [pdf 9.93Mb]
- NEHAP – Maldives 2015-2020 Towards an Environmentally Friendly and Healthy Maldives [pdf 854kb]
- National Reproductive Health Strategy 2014-2018 [pdf 1.96Mb]
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]