25th January 2017- Ministry of Health with support from WHO Country office, organized the National Workshop on “Sustainable Development Goals-Core Health Indicators” on 25th January. State Minister Hon Hussain Rasheed acknowledged WHO continuing overall technical support and especially for the workshop as this being the first sectoral SDG workshop. WHO Representative Dr Arvind Mathur shared the landscape of Health in SDGs while Dr Abdulla Nassem, Senior Policy Executive of Ministry of Environment and Energy- the focal Ministry of SDGs in Maldives; shared their plan of implementing and monitoring SDGs.
14th- 20th November 2016 – Maldives Food and Drug Authority Maldives with technical support from and in partnership with WHO Maldives conducted the Antimicrobial Resistance week in the Maldives to increase awareness of Antibiotic Resistance and to encourage best practices among the general public, health workers and policy makers in order to avoid the further emergence and spread of Antibiotic Resistance in the country.
Vector Control is a Community Responsibility: WHO Maldives and Health Protection Agency launches a Vector Control Campaign in Maldives
16th October 2016- A Vector Control Campaign was launched today as a joint initiative by WHO Maldives and the Health Protection Agency, Ministry of Health. The launch which took place in Gan, Laamu Atoll was graced by His Excellency Minister of Health Mr Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim, WHO Representative to Maldives Dr Arvind Mathur, UN Resident Coordinator and Representative Ms Shoko Noda and Laamu Atoll Councilor Yoosuf Amir, to demonstrate multisectoral partnership in vector control.
- National Workshop on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) Core Health Indicators
- AMR Week – Paving the Way to Prevent Antibiotic Resistance in the Maldives
- Vector Control is a Community Responsibility: WHO Maldives and Health Protection Agency launches a Vector Control Campaign in Maldives
- National Tobacco Cessation Toolkit (5A & 5Rs) for all doctors and health professionals [pdf 3.36Mb]
- Multi-sectoral Action Plan For The Prevention And Control of Noncommunicable Diseases in Maldives (2016-2020) [pdf 656kb]
- Malaria-Free Maldives [pdf 5.28Mb]
- A Nation Unburdened- Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in Maldives [pdf 325kb]
- Guidelines for the Prevention, Care and Treatment of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection [pdf 9.93Mb]
- NEHAP – Maldives 2015-2020 Towards an Environmentally Friendly and Healthy Maldives [pdf 854kb]
- National Reproductive Health Strategy 2014-2018 [pdf 1.96Mb]
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]
Office of the WHO Representative to the Republic of Maldives Roashanee Building, 6th Floor P.O. Box 2004 Male’ 20184, Republic of Maldives Telephone: +(960) 332 7519 Fax: +(960) 332 4210 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org