20th September 2016 – Excellency Vice President Mr Abdulla Jihad as Chief Guest together with Honorable Minister of Health Mr Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim and Dr Arvind Mathur, WHO Representative to Maldives attended the High Level Advocacy Forum for Tobacco Control in Maldives. The Forum was jointly organized by WHO Country Office and Health Protection Agency. Honorable Minister of Gender and Family Ms Aminath Zenysha Shaheed Zaki and Honorable Minister of Home Affairs Mr Azleen Ahmed along with several Member of Parliaments, high officials of Health and other Ministries, members of Diplomatic Community and stakeholders from academia, professional associations, civil societies and academia attended the Forum. Dr Vera Da Costa, Head of Framework Convention, Geneva and Dr Thaksaphon, Director- Non Communicable Diseases, SEARO along with several global and regional experts in tobacco control attended the advocacy forum.
WHO Representative Dr Arvind Mathur with Health Minister Honorable Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim launches the Tobacco Cessation Toolkit and NCD Multi Sector Action Plan
29th August 2016- A five year National NCD Action Plan supported by WHO was launched by His Excellency Minister of Health Mr Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim at a ceremony held at Orchid Hall, Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital today. Additionally, a toolkit by the name “National Tobacco Cessation Toolkit” was launched today by WHO Representative Dr Arvind Mathur for doctors to bring a halt to tobacco usage and consumption.
Freedom from Filaria- Maldives is the first country in the WHO South East Asia Region to officially eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis
World Health Organization felicitated Maldives today for having eliminated Lymphatic Filariasis, thus becoming the first country in WHO South-East Asia Region and the second globally, after Cuba, to accomplish this public health goal. The official ceremony was graced by Vice President of the Maldives His Excellency Abdulla Jihad and Regional Director to WHO South East Asia Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh.
- High Level Advocacy Forum on Tobacco Control held in the Maldives
- WHO Representative Dr Arvind Mathur with Health Minister Honorable Abdulla Nazim Ibrahim launches the Tobacco Cessation Toolkit and NCD Multi Sector Action Plan
- Freedom from Filaria- Maldives is the first country in the WHO South East Asia Region to officially eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis
- A Nation Unburdened- Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in Maldives [pdf 325kb]
- Guidelines for the Prevention, Care and Treatment of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection [pdf 9.93Mb]
- NEHAP – Maldives 2015-2020 Towards an Environmentally Friendly and Healthy Maldives [pdf 854kb]
- National Reproductive Health Strategy 2014-2018 [pdf 1.96Mb]
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]