3 million people who get sick with TB every year in the WHO South Asia Region, a third of them do not get the services they require for treatment
MALE’, 03 March 2015 – Republic of Maldives today introduced the injectable Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV) into its routine immunization schedule, in a key step to accelerate global eradication of polio.
Male’, 8 December 2014 - The United Nations in Maldives commends the outstanding response by the Government of Maldives in providing relief to the water crisis in Male' that commenced on 4 Dec 2014. The 130,000 residents in Male' are being provided bottled water and desalinated water via public taps and mobile vehicles. Distinct measures are also taken to address the needs of vulnerable and special needs population.
- Multi-sectoral Action Plan For The Prevention And Control of Noncommunicable Diseases in Maldives (2014-2020) [pdf 1.72Mb]
- NEHAP – Maldives 2015-2020 Towards an Environmentally Friendly and Healthy Maldives [pdf 854kb]
- National Reproductive Health Strategy 2014-2018 [pdf 1.96Mb]
- Maldives National Health Accounts 2011 [pdf 1.50Mb]
- Country Cooperation Strategy Republic of Maldives 2013-2017 [pdf 1.71Mb]
- High Blood Pressure Maldives [pdf 80kb]
- Trends in maternal mortaility: 1990 to 2010 [pdf 1.27Mb]
- Maldives demographics and health survey 2009 [pdf 4.66Mb]
- National occupational health profile - Maldives [pdf 3.29Mb]