Prevention and control of Communicable Diseases
Malaria and other vector-borne diseases
- Roll back malaria and other mosquito-borne diseases:
- Providing technical support to the Ministry of Health for prevention and control of malaria and other mosquito-borne diseases:
- development of policies, strategies and guidelines;
- planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- development of information, education and communication strategy and materials;
- conduct research.
- Advocacy and resource mobilization.
- Coordination with partners and dissemination of technical information.
- Supporting Ministry of Health and other partners in addressing major issues on malaria control such as multi-drug resistance, fake/counterfeit drugs, malaria among migrant workers and ethnic groups, quality assurance of drugs and diagnostics.
- Facilitating cross-border collaboration.
- Facilitating human resource development through local and international training.
- Supporting morbidity control and mass drug administration for elimination of lymphatic filariasis.
- Providing logistics support