World Blood Donor Day 2019 | June 14
This year, World Blood Donor Day will once again be celebrated around the world on 14 June.
The event serves to thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood and also to raise awareness of the need for regular blood donations to ensure that all individuals and communities have access to affordable and timely supplies of safe and quality-assured blood and blood products, as an integral part of universal health coverage and a key component of effective health systems.
World Food Safety Day 2019 | June 7
The first-ever World Food Safety Day, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2018, will be celebrated on 7 June under the theme "Food Safety, everyone's business".
WHO, in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), is pleased to facilitate efforts to celebrate the day this year and in coming years.
Unsafe food is a threat to human health and economies, disproportionally affecting vulnerable and marginalized people, especially women, children, populations affected by conflict, and migrants. It also damages global trade leading to further food waste, which can no longer be tolerated in a world where many still suffer from hunger.
World No Tobacco Day 2019 | May 31
Every year, on 31 May, WHO and global partners celebrate World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) - an annual campaign to raise awareness on the harmful and deadly effects of tobacco use and second-hand smoke exposure, and to discourage the use of tobacco in any form.
The focus this year is on "tobacco and lung health." The campaign will increase awareness on:
1. The negative impact that tobacco has on people’s lung health, from cancer to chronic respiratory disease, and
2. The fundamental role lungs play for the health and well-being of all people.
WHO's Work in Nepal
- - Nepal at The 72nd World Health Assembly (WHA72)
- - #SpeakUp for Road Safety | Save Lives
- - Information on Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Identified in Human in Nepal
- - World Health Statistics Published
- - Kathmandu to mitigate air pollution with UHI: First in Asia
- - Fifth National Health Accounts Released
- - Treating Wastewater for the Good of the Nation
- - Celebration Ceremony of Trachoma Elimination from Nepal
- - Nepal’s Hard-fought Victory Against Rubella
- - Tobacco and cardiovascular diseases - Nepal Data (Infographic)
- - Nepal Achievements Report
WHO Official Days
- Nepal Health Accounts 2012/13 - 2015/16
- Confronting Rubella with Nepal Factsheet
- - Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Programme to Address Equity, Social Determinants, Gender and Human Rights in Nepal