Sensitization Program for Radioactive Emergencies Held
Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP)’s Epidemiology and Disease Control Division (EDCD) held the first stakeholders meeting, with various ministries and relevant institutions of Nepal including key hospitals, on radioactive emergencies with the support of World Health Organization Country Office for Nepal (WCO – Nepal).
Nepal Eliminates Trachoma (First Country in SE Asia)
The World Health Organization (WHO) has validated Nepal for having eliminated trachoma as a public health problem – a milestone, as the country becomes the first in WHO’s South-East Asia Region to defeat the world’s leading infectious cause of blindness.
Nepal–WHO Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS) 2018–2022
The Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS) that provides a country-specific medium-term strategic vision for the World Health Organization’s cooperation with Member States, and outlines the collaborative agenda between the government and the Organization. This strategy is the third of its kind and builds on the lessons learnt from past performance. The strategy serves as a roadmap to drive the collaborative work between WHO and the Government of Nepal, and also involve other health sector stakeholders.
World Health Day 2018
The Seventieth World Health Day 2018 was celebrated on 7 April 2018 in collaboration of Ministry of Health & Population.
In Nepal, several programs were organized by a variety of organizations with a theme ” Universal health Coverage: Everyone, Every where” : walkathon, speech competition, panel discussion, photo story and slogan competition and poetry. Dr Jos Vandelaer, WR , Nepal participated as a panelist in a program organized in Institute of Medicine .
WHO's Work in Nepal
- - Blood Donation Awareness Increases
- - Birgunj Celebrates World Blood Donor Day
- - Tobacco and cardiovascular diseases - Nepal Data (Infographic)
- - UN Country Office in Nepal Switches to Solar Energy
- - Sensitization Program for Radioactive Emergencies
- - World Malaria day 2018 Communications toolkit
- - Field-testing a Frontline Healthcare Providers MEC/SPR Tool for Initiating Contraception in Humanitarian Settings
- - Nepal Achievements Report
WHO Official Days
- - Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Programme to Address Equity, Social Determinants, Gender and Human Rights in Nepal
Country Cooperation Strategy
United Nations House
Pulchowk, Lalitpur, Kathmandu
Post Box No. 108
Tel No: (977-1)-5523200, 5523993
Fax No: (977-1)-5527756