Timor-Leste's report on Noncommunicable disease risk factors, 2014
The report of the first “National survey for noncommunicable disease risk factors and injuries using WHO STEPS approach in Timor-Leste – 2014” was launched on 17 December 2015 today at an event organized by Ministry of Health and Universidade Nacional Timor Lorosa'e (UNTL) supported by WHO.
An expert group consultation on alternative livelihood for tobacco farmers and workers
30-31 July, WHO/SERO, New Delhi, India: Experts from Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Uganda, Thailand; representatives from agricultural departments, UNDP and from the civil society attended the two day consultation. Country and regional experiences on the topic were shared by the experts; role of UNDP, Bloomberg Partners and the civil society were identified at the panel sessions. Group works on identification of research agenda, regional strategies and rolling out the agenda for alternative livelihood were carried out.
Expert Group Consultation on Smokeless Tobacco use and Public Health in South East Asia Region Countries
27-29 July 2015 - More than 30 experts on smokeless tobacco from all over the world participated in this consultation. Experts developed Mumbai Call for Action for Governments, WHO and others stakeholders. WHO-SEARO was asked to compile information on SLT use and its consequences, as well as good practice policy interventions and policy gaps to be disseminated to Member States and stakeholders, in order to advance comprehensive policy response to address SLT.
Increase, enforce taxes to stop tobacco epidemic, says new global report
7 July 2015, According to the "WHO Report on the global tobacco epidemic 2015", launched today, not enough governments levy appropriate tax on cigarettes and other tobacco products. They therefore miss out on a proven, low-cost measure to curb the demand for tobacco, save lives and generate funds for stronger health services. The report found that raising taxes is the most effective tobacco control measure, yet the least implemented.
- Timor-Leste's report on Noncommunicable disease risk factors, 2014
- An expert group consultation on alternative livelihood for tobacco farmers and workers
- Expert Group Consultation on Smokeless Tobacco use and Public Health in South East Asia Region Countries
- Increase, enforce taxes to stop tobacco epidemic, says new global report
- WHO and Ministry of Health launch Anti-Tobacco Campaign in Timor
- "Smoking Kills" the message delivered by WHO and Ministry of Health [pdf 573kb]
- Nepal’s initiative to use pictorial warnings on tobacco packages will save lives: WHO
- Magistrates get trained on amended tobacco control law
- Bangladesh-National Tobaco law amended
- Thailand - New regulations on graphic health warnings introduced
- Thailand - Court decision paves the way to the resizing of graphic health warnings